These release notes describe the new features and changes in the IDS NXT 2.5 release. The release includes the following components:
IDS lighthouse 2.5
You find the release notes for IDS lighthouse directly in IDS lighthouse: https://ids-lighthouse.ai/login/
IDS NXT OS 1.4.0
You find the release notes for IDS NXT OS 1.4.0 under Release Notes for IDS NXT OS 1.4.0
IDS NXT cockpit 2.4.0
This version of the IDS NXT cockpit supports Windows 10 64-bit (version 21H1, 20H2, 2004, 1909).
Note: The IDS NXT cockpit 2.4 cannot be used to operate an IDS NXT vegas camera. Use the IDS NXT Cockpit 1.2.4 instead for the IDS NXT vegas models.
New and changed functions
- New camera features: We extend the existing camera parameters with IDS NXT cockpit 2.4.0. From now on, new parameters are available in addition to the known functions (prerequisite: IDS NXT OS 1.4.0 or higher is installed on the camera). These are:
- 2x2 and 4x4 binning
- Gamma correction (in the extended gain settings)
- You can limit the image directly on the sensor in the new "Sensor ROI" area. This means that only the specified image detail is read out and processed, resulting in lower memory usage and faster processing times.
- Use the linescan mode if you want to check rotationally symmetrical objects, for example. You can use the linescan mode to continuously capture narrow areas of your rotating object, for example. These areas are combined directly on the camera to make an image. With the Linescan mode, you can thus "unwind" the shell of your test specimen, for example, and display it as a 2-dimensional image. Then you can analyze this image directly on the camera with the help of a vision app.
- The backup function allows you to create a backup and save your camera's data. You can also load the backup file to an identical IDS NXT camera to transfer your installed apps and configurations to other IDS NXT cameras.
- Fixed the memory leak that caused excessive load on the main memory during continuous operation of the IDS NXT cockpit.
- The update of the camera firmware has been accelerated.
- The memory usage of vision apps is displayed in the VApp Manager.
- Added progress bars in the graphical interface when uploading or downloading files.
- Fixed a bug that prevented images from being saved using a file path with a "." (dot).
Object Detector 2.0.4
- You can define one or more ROIs (region of Interest) in the Object Detector. Within the ROIs, objects at any position are identified by means of detection.
- The results output via the REST interface has been adapted to represent ROIs.
- The information on the ROIs was added to the result XML file. The result XML file is transferred via FTP together with the images.
- Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect results after switching a CNN (convolutional neural network).
- The vision app has been updated for the camera feature "Binning", so that an already set ROI will be updated when you enable binning.
CNN Evaluator 2.4.7
- Fixed a bug that prevented the result JSON file from being downloaded from the vision app web page on Microsoft Edge.
OPC UA Server 1.3.0
- Support of the new camera functions binning, gamma correction, sensor ROI and linescan mode. Prerequisite: IDS NXT OS 1.4.0 or higher is installed on the camera.
IDS NXT Vision App Creator 1.4.0
- The IDS NXT API has been updated to version 2.4.0 so that you can program vision apps for IDS NXT OS 1.4.0.
- Vision app and plugin templates have been updated, e.g. support for vision app web pages.
- The source code samples for vision apps are now available on GitHub: https://github.com/ids-imaging/ids-nxt-vision-app-examples.
- A bug has been fixed so that Oracle Virtual Box can also be used in version 6.1.20 or higher.